Investigating Popular Street Drugs
This course is designed to provide Arkansas law enforcement with information pertaining to ongoing narcotics trends in and around the state of Arkansas. Course discussions will include how to recognize developing drug movements in your area, identifying targets, developing unique investigative techniques, and working with surrounding agencies that can provide intelligence information for your investigation. The key drugs of focus will be methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, prescription pills, and marijuana. Topics include: current manufacturing and conversion techniques, distribution routes, drug trafficking organizations, confidential informants, undercover investigations, search warrants, knock & talks, and legal issues.
● Discuss current street drug trends.
● Recognize local drug movements.
● Develop unique investigative techniques.
● Discuss strategies and benefits of working with surrounding agencies.
● Examine current legal issues in narcotics investigations.
● Reinforce proper confidential informant handling.
• This class is 7 hours.
• Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
April 18, 2017