Prescription Drug Diversion
This course is designed to provide patrol officers, front line supervisors and detectives information pertaining to the investigation and prosecution of prescription fraud. Course discussions will include how to effectively handle calls from pharmacists and doctor’s offices, unique investigative techniques, how to read a prescription order, different agencies that can provide intelligence information in your investigation and HIPPA regulations. The differences between State and Federal statutes will be discussed to ensure that each officer is presenting the best possible case in court.
- Explore and develop an understanding of HIPAA regulations as they pertain to investigations.
- Identify how to utilize state and federal agencies that can assist investigations.
- Identify the most commonly obtained prescription drugs.
- Understand how to read prescription orders.
- Discuss how to investigate illegal pharmaceutical activities.
This class is 7 hours.
Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
April 5, 2017