Tactical Drug Operations
COURSE FEE: $200.00
DATE/TIME: see below
LOCATION: see below ***SPACE IS LIMITED***
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course was designed to assist Narcotics Officers that may be required to deploy weapons during various situations which normally take place in low light circumstances including: serving search warrants, securing methamphetamine labs, and interdiction of methamphetamine. This course is designed to inform and train Officers on the most efficient ways to deploy weapons in low light environments, where officers have the highest probability of being injured. Attending Officers will be tasked with the deployment and implementation of weapons in a variety of live fire range drills and force on force scenarios. These practical exercises will make use of Simunition® FX® marking cartridges and Securi-Blank™ training cartridges.
OBJECTIVES: As a result of this course, participants will be better able to accurately identify / know /describe the following:
- Safe weapon handling under adverse lighting conditions, decision making, use of cover, dangers of firing weapons in close proximity to Methamphetamine production areas.
- Accurately fire at single and multiple targets from stationary and moving positions.
- Recognize and properly neutralize high threat situations.
- Properly employ lighting devices to gain tactical advantage.
• This class is 14 hours.
• Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• To participate in the course, an application letter must be submitted to Dr. Cheryl May from the applicant’s Chief of Police, Sheriff, Department Head or Director by June 1, 2017. The course is limited to twenty officers and those selected must sign and return a waiver prior to the class.
INSTRUCTORS: Chris Hays, Scotty Dodd, and Paul Pruitt
TARGET AUDIENCE: All sworn members of the law enforcement community.
PREREQUISITES/EQUIPMENT: For the firearms training, officers must furnish the following items: tactical flashlight, handgun, holster, magazine pouch, 3 magazines, 150 rounds of ammunition, raid jacket or cover shirt, vest (body armor), APR (mask) and carrier, hat, ANZI approved eye and ear protection.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: Check, Purchase Order or Credit Card.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Registrants must fax a signed and dated verification letter on agency letterhead within five days of submission of the registration request form to 501-570-1465 which includes the following statement: This letter will verify that I, (name of registrant), am an employee of (agency name) and hold the position of (sworn/non-sworn) (position title), located at (address) and have registered for (name of class) on (date).
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
June 21-22, 2017