Drafting Search Warrants and Affidavits
Properly prepared search warrants are the basis for strong cases. This course presents the Search and Seizure Warrant and Affidavit requirements of the 4th Amendment and the Arkansas Rules of Criminal Procedure. Class discussions will include narcotics buy warrants, obtaining “No Knock” exceptions, and working effectively with Prosecutors and Judges. Scenarios are utilized to provide practical exercises to reinforce the information presented in class. Each student is required to prepare Search and Seizure Warrants and Affidavits based upon the information gathered during the scenarios. These documents will be reviewed by the instructors and feedback will be provided to each officer.
● To define the 4th Amendment and the Arkansas Rules of Criminal Procedure requirements for preparing a Search and Seizure Warrant Affidavit.
● To specifically identify items that could be requested, while performing a search and seizure under the Arkansas Rules of Criminal Procedure.
● To prepare a Search and Seizure Warrant and Search and Seizure Warrant Affidavit that meets all applicable rules.
• This class is 16 hours.
• Class hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• This class earns credits in our Degree Program.
• This class is included in our membership program.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
May 14-15, 2019