Medical Marijuana & Alcohol for Patrol Officers
The course is for certified law enforcement officers, department heads, and supervisors to learn about the recently adopted rules and regulations pertaining to the sale and dispensing of medical marijuana and the issues that may arise from its use. Attendees will also discuss various laws pertaining to arrest and probable cause situations.
The second part of this course will educate local law enforcement about the duties of alcoholic beverage control enforcement agents in the state and how ABC could assist with alcohol related issues. This section will also include alcohol related state laws and ABC rules and regulations pertaining to alcohol permitted locations.
Part 1: Local Law Enforcement & Medical Marijuana
- Examine the Structure of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Enforcement Division & the Medical Marijuana Commission
- Identify Qualifying conditions & Medical Marijuana Registry ID Cards
- Examine the Rules and Regulations of Cultivation & Dispensaries
- Discuss and examine House Bill 1400 and Several Scenarios
- Examine new ABC Violations for Medical Marijuana
Part 2: ABC Enforcement for Patrol Officers
- Examine various ABC Violations in Alcohol related businesses
- Identify how ABC and Local Law Enforcement work together to stop illegal activity in permitted locations.
- Examine various Arkansas Criminal Codes that relate to Alcohol
- Identify new trends on Fake Id’s
• This class is 8 hours.
• Class hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
October 27, 2017
November 7, 2017
November 29, 2017
December 7, 2017
December 14, 2017