Methamphetamine Investigations ONLINE
This course is designed to assist law enforcement in conducting safe and effective methamphetamine related investigations. The course will provide an overview of methamphetamine and the basic recognition of clandestine laboratories. It will also include topics such as the use of confidential informants, undercover investigations, “knock and talks,” search warrants, drug trafficking organizations, legal issues, and drug endangered children.
Course objectives include:
- Identify clandestine methamphetamine labs and safely investigate
- Recognize common manufacturing methods and associated hazards
- Effectively use undercover techniques and informants
- Prepare cases for successful prosecution
- Recognize special issues concerning children exposed to methamphetamine
- Use appropriate techniques for investigating methamphetamine possession, manufacturing, and distribution
This is a 14-hour class.
November 30-December 13, 2017
Registration ends 12pm (noon) November 29, 2017
This project was supported by Grant # 2010CKWX0381 awarded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services. The opinions contained herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice. References to specific companies, products, or services should not be considered an endorsement by the author(s) or the U.S. Department of Justice. Rather, the references are illustrations to supplement discussion of the issues.