Roadside Interview Techniques
This seven hour block of instruction teaches Officers how to interview subjects on various traffic stops. Officers will learn how to go further with a traffic stop by learning things to look for upon approach and questions to ask after making contact. This class will teach the Officers how to talk with occupants at various stages of the traffic stop, different ways to use back up Officers (if available), and how to respond to demeanor changes of occupants during the stop. These issues will be taught in line with current search and seizure case law and Arkansas law.
At the end of this course participants will have a better understanding of:
- What to look for on initial approach
- What to look for while interacting with occupants
- How to interview while in group setting (initial contact)
- When/How to interview driver/owner of vehicle
- When/How to interview the passengers
- Current case law to keep in mind
• This class is 7 hours.
• Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• This class is included in our membership program.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
May 6, 2019