Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
This course certifies law enforcement officers as Drug Recognition Experts. Participants will learn classification of drugs and their observable effects. Students will be required to successfully complete the DRE Pre-School (2 days) which is the first phase of the DRE certification process before continuing on to the 7-Day DRE School (Phase 2). Once both phases are complete, students will be required to travel to Maricopa County Detention Center in Phoenix, Arizona for the Field Evaluation Phase of the training (Phase 3). Once there, DRE Candidates will complete twelve required DRE evaluations on impaired subjects and be administered the final knowledge exam for the course.
Airfare will be arranged and lodging provided during Phase 3 (Arizona Trip). Lunch will be provided during the Pre-School and 7-Day School.
The deadline for applications will be January 14, 2019. For questions or more information, contact Jeremy Bennett at email@example.com or (501)570-8034.
• This class is 72 hours (hours vary and do not include Phase 3).
• This class earns credits in our Degree Program.
• Must be 24-hour SFST certified.
• Must have completed Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE).
• Must complete DRE Application packet attached to these links and submit before the deadline of January 14, 2019:
Documents to download, complete, and return:
- DRE Application Process form (includes more items to submit)
- DRE Application (incomplete applications will NOT be considered)
- DRE Commitment Pledge
- DRE Evaluation Trip Information and Authorization form
Please click on the links above to download the required forms, follow the directions and send them back to DRE Program Specialist Jeremy Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to 26 Corporate Hill Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205. Please remember if you mail the packet it should be sent before the deadline of January 14, 2019. Incomplete Applications will not be accepted.
Lodging will be provided.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
Pre-School – February 11-12, 2019
Evaluations and Final Knowledge Exam – March 10-15, 2019
Applications now being accepted.