COURSE FEE: $100.00
DATE/TIME/LOCATION: see below ***SPACE IS LIMITED***
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This three-day course of instruction educates officers on the importance of effective highway interdiction. Participants learn the significance of going beyond the traffic stop by asking simple questions and paying attention to indicators of criminal activity. The importance of these indicators and current trends are outlined throughout the course. This course includes elements such as drug and criminal activity detection, proper observance of search and seizure laws, contamination issues, and ethical conduct. Information shared relates to what is commonly observed in Arkansas among active law enforcement.
• Utilize effective highway interdiction techniques.
• Apply elements of drug and criminal activity detection.
• Employ proper observance of search and seizure laws.
• Understand how to manage contamination issues.
• Recognize proper ethical issues presented by such traffic stops.
• This class is 21 hours.
• Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Enrollment is restricted to 20 participants.
• To participate in this course, an application letter must be submitted to Matthew Modrak from the applicant’s Chief of Police, Sheriff, Department Head or Director. This letter must indicate that the officer(s) have no complaints of racial profiling.
INSTRUCTORS: Dennis Overton, Chris Goodman, and Derek Nietert from the Arkansas State Police.
TARGET AUDIENCE: All sworn members of the law enforcement community.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: Check, Purchase Order or Credit Card.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Matthew Modrak: email@example.com at 501-570-8060
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Registrants must fax a signed and dated verification letter on agency letterhead within five days of submission of the registration request form to 501-565-3081 which includes the following statement: This letter will verify that I, (name of registrant), am an employee of (agency name) and hold the position of (sworn/non-sworn) (position title), located at (address) and have registered for (name of class) on (date).
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
June 4-6, 2018