COURSE FEE: $100.00
DATE/TIME/LOCATION: see below ***SPACE IS LIMITED***
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This program provides classroom presentations and scenario-based training in the interception of narcotics in the hotel/motel industry. It outlines proven techniques utilized to assist narcotic officers and uniformed officers in developing partnerships with the business community in identifying violators who use legitimate businesses, such as hotels to facilitate narcotic trafficking and other criminal activity. The course will outline comprehensive investigative techniques to identify conduct and behavior of the drug violator in the hotel/motel setting. The program also provides instruction in knock and talks, currency seizures, and the role of the narcotic canine. Practical exercises will be used to reinforce these investigative techniques. In addition, it will provide a legal foundation for the techniques, to include constitutional procedure, search and seizure, and Fourth Amendment issues.
- Understanding drug trafficking trends and the use of roadways and hotels/motels.
- Explore criminal conspiracies and money laundering techniques employed by drug traffickers.
- Identify investigative and consensual encounter techniques to initiate investigations.
- Identify the need for interdiction programs and what types would be most appropriate for individual jurisdictions.
- Recognize the value of business partnerships in drug interdiction programs.
- Use proper legal and other documentation for courtroom testimony.
- Establish effective communication with hotel/motel personnel through training and regular contact.
TARGET AUDIENCE: All sworn members of the law enforcement community.
PAYMENT OPTIONS: Check, Purchase Order or Credit Card.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Matthew Modrak: email@example.com at 501-570-8060
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Registrants must fax a signed and dated verification letter on agency letterhead within five days of submission of the registration request form to 501-565-3081 which includes the following statement: This letter will verify that I, (name of registrant), am an employee of (agency name) and hold the position of (sworn/non-sworn) (position title), located at (address) and have registered for (name of class) on (date).
This is an 8 hour class.
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
May 23, 2019