Surveillance for Rural and Urban Officers
COURSE FEE: $100.00
DATE/TIME/LOCATION: see below ***SPACE IS LIMITED***
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This two-day, hands-on course will demonstrate the skills necessary to legally, safely, and effectively conduct surveillance in both covert and non-conventional operations. Participants will be able to apply skills learned in the classroom during scenario based practical exercises. Vehicle and foot surveillance pros and cons will be examined. Case criteria for surveillance operations will be explored through discussion and case examples.
1. To introduce the students to surveillance objectives, planning, coordinating and directing surveillance.
2. To introduce students on the selection and methods of surveillance operations.
3. To instruct the students in the importance in the preparedness, attentiveness, area knowledge and levels of discretion.
4. To provide the students with practical exercises and hands one training which will help them develop the basic skills needed to conduct a surveillance operations and provide them with methods which when used, will have a greater influence in the mission.
This training will be mostly scenario based practical exercises, with a minimal amount of lecture.
Officers will need to bring the following: Radio capable to use a MAC Channel, Binoculars, Camera, Un-marked car (preferably) and wear plain clothes.
• This class is 14 hours.
• Class hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
TARGET AUDIENCE: All sworn members of the law enforcement community.
PREREQUISITES/EQUIPMENT: Radio capable to use a MAC Channel, Binoculars, Camera, Un-marked car (preferably) and wear plain clothes
PAYMENT OPTIONS: Check, Purchase Order or Credit Card.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Matthew Modrak: email@example.com at 501-570-8060
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Registrants must fax a signed and dated verification letter on agency letterhead within five days of submission of the registration request form to 501-565-3081 which includes the following statement: This letter will verify that I, (name of registrant), am an employee of (agency name) and hold the position of (sworn/non-sworn) (position title), located at (address) and have registered for (name of class) on (date).
DATES AND LOCATIONS:
April 17-18, 2019