CJI is Seeking an Instructional Design Specialist
The Criminal Justice Institute is seeking qualified applicants for an Instructional Design Specialist position for its’ Cyberterrorism Defense Initiative (CDI). The Cyberterrorism Defense Initiative (CDI) is a national counter-cyberterrorism training program for technical personnel who monitor and protect our nation’s critical cyber infrastructure.
Since 2004, through funding from the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA section, National Training and Education Division, CDI staff has developed Cybersecurity training and traveled to 39 states and one U.S. territory to provide the training at no cost to our targeted audience. Courses either available now or under development include: Comprehensive Cyberterrorism Defense (CCD), Cyberterrorism First Responder (CFR), Cybersecurity Proactive Defense (CPD), Malware Prevention, Discovery, and Recovery (MPDR), and Cyber Security Fundamentals (CSF).
This position is a grant-funded position responsible for the design of course documents applicable to federal 508 compliance standards as well as branding guidelines as established by the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency, National Training and Education Division.
Duties for this position include:
- Design course manuals, documents, and instructional materials that are compliant with federal guidelines and educational standards;
- Travel to various locations nationally to assist with the preparation and instruction of courses;
- Assist in the scheduling, planning, and marketing of Cybersecurity/Cyberterrorism courses;
- Assist in converting traditional classroom curricular materials to online (virtual) delivery formats;
- Register students for courses, manages enrollment records, and enters required data into student database system; and
- Assist as needed with packaging, scheduling, shipping and/or transport of all equipment and supplies to and from training locations
Completed applications received by October 20, 2017, will be assured full consideration. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the position.