WE'RE HIRING: School Safety Specialist
CJI is seeking a School Safety Specialist to assist with program activities of the Arkansas Center for School Safety. The Arkansas Center for School Safety (ACSS) provides education, training, resources, and technical assistance to Arkansas educators and law enforcement professionals to assist them in providing our kids with a safe environment to reach their academic potential.
The School Safety Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the development, coordination, and implementation of ACSS special projects and training programs by working closely with the Safe Schools Program Coordinator and Director in support of school safety initiatives and projects throughout the state by performing the following duties:
- Developing, reviewing, and/or presenting curricula
- Acting as an ACSS liaison for School Resource Officers and school administration/personnel
- Assisting schools in conducting school site safety assessments
- Assisting with the School Resource Officer certificate program
- Researching current school safety topics
- Gathering, summarizing and distributing safety data by compiling information from a variety of reports
- Writes, designs, and publishes quarterly school safety newsletter
- Manages active shooter/simunitions equipment and inventory
- Assists with course management to include preparation, marketing, registration, and reporting
- Travels to programs sites to oversee and assist with courses
APPLY ONLINE TODAY! The position will remain open until filled.