Are You a Technical Specialist?
Join our Cybersecurity Defense Initiative Team!
The Criminal Justice Institute is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Technical Specialist position within our Cybersecurity Defense Initiative (CDI) program. CDI was created to provide comprehensive, transferable, and inexpensive cyberterrorism training to qualifying technical personnel throughout the United States. Classes are offered free-of-charge to technical personnel and managers working within agencies or organizations considered as a part of our nation's critical infrastructure. CDI is unique in the arena of cybersecurity training because the classes are brought directly to areas of critical need throughout the country, at very little cost to the participants.
The Technical Specialist position is a technical provisional position responsible for the development and delivery of cybersecurity courses nationwide via the U.S. Department of Homeland Security grants. The Technical Specialist acts as a technical advisor to the Program Coordinator and to other grant program support staff as assigned.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Providing network, computer, and information security recommendations and implementation assistance at training locations nationwide
- Traveling to various locations nationally, to plan, setup, deliver, and assist with the facilitation and instruction of cybersecurity courses
- Maintaining mobile computer training labs and all associated equipment used for the delivery of courses
- Assisting in the scheduling, planning, and marketing of courses
- Providing information to registrants, registering students for courses, managing enrollment records, and entering evaluation results into student database system
For more information about this position, visit us online. This position will remain open until filled.